Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sea Shepherd

Sea Shepherd is an activist organization dedicted to protecting the Galapagos Islands, seals, dolphins and whales. I initially thought it was admirable to get out there, doing what they were to save the animals. I supported them, but their methods have proven to be not so constructive.
I first heard about the organization in Sharkwater. In this, I agreed with their beliefs, but their methods (ramming the bad guys' boats) put me off a little. I was not too surprised to find that they were also campaigning for an end to the seal hunt. But some of the arguments that they come out with, and some of their 'facts' do not match up with some of the other facts that I'm to believe are true. So who to believe???

Sea Shepherd
http://www.seashepherd.org/seals/seal-hunt-facts.html

No comments: